Daisypath tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

DIY Speed Ladder

I've been wanting to get a speed/agility ladder, but they're so expensive. I decided to buy some nylon straps and make one of my own. I looked online for any instructions on how to make one, but I couldn't really find anything that said how to make one. I had to wing it and make it how I wanted it. Here are some pics of how I made mine...

Items needed:
Two spools of nylon straps that are 1 inch wide by 10 yards long, in colors of your choice.
Tape measure
12 inch ruler
Stapler 
Needle & thread or sewing machine

First I cut two strips that are 12 feet long.
Photobucket

Then I cut smaller strips (rungs) out of a different color that are 14 inches long. Use a lighter to melt all cut ends so the strap doesn't fray along the edges. To do this you run the end of the strap quickly through the flame until the ends are melted enough to hold together. Be sure to do it in a ventilated area and don't inhale the fumes. 
Photobucket

Then I laid the rungs on the two long strips so they overlap to the outer edges of the strips. 
Photobucket

I got out a 12 inch ruler and measured the straps so each rung was 12 inches apart. 
Photobucket

As I measured them with the ruler, I stapled the rungs in place to be sewn later. Here it is, my homemade speed ladder...
Photobucket


Here is a YouTube video I found with some good speed ladder drills,



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
    trainingsladder

    ReplyDelete

HauntSpace

HauntSpace
My little space to haunt on the web

Halloweenalley1031