Daisypath tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Do you smell fish???

I love to eat fish. I hate the fish smell left in the house after cooking it. Even washing the pan right away doesn't help much. But, I did come up with something that does help, my homemade air freshener. It has a dual purpose, it freshens and adds moisture to dry winter air in the home.




What you need is:

Cinnamon Sticks
Whole Cloves
Dried Orange Peels
Dried Lemon Peels
Coffee Filters
Twist Ties
A Big Pot
Water

Fill the pot with water and get it started boiling on the stove while putting together the filters. Take one coffee filter and add each of the spices. Fold the filter so all the spices are covered, if you filled it too full you can add another filter over the first one to help keep the spices inside. Twist two twist tie ends together to make one long twist tie. Tie that around your bundle of spices to keep it closed. Pop it in the boiling water, let it boil a few minutes then turn the heat down so the water simmers. Keep adding water when needed to keep the pot full. I usually make three bundles to boil, gets the house nice and spicy!!


mmmmmm.....smells yummy!!


EDIT: I should add that you can use any spices you like. Another one of my favorites is Star Anise, smells like licorice :)







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

HauntSpace

HauntSpace
My little space to haunt on the web

Halloweenalley1031