Daisypath tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Opening day of deer season here today. I heard some gunshots off in the distance when I took Brigi out for her walk this morning. It's a sad season this year. Our youngest son is still in training and is missing his first opening day hunt. My hubby had his first season off work in a few years and was looking forward to being out there opening day, even though he was going to miss his hunting buddy terribly, then earlier this week a guy he works with broke his ankle at work. So my hubby has to fill in for him and work straight through til Thanksgiving. It sucks, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. There will be time to hunt when our son gets home on Christmas Exodous. :-)

So once again it's just me at home :-/ I'm getting some cleaning done and calming the energy in the house. Weird stuff going on again. Earlier today I heard Zak's guitar strum downstairs in his room. Just once, like someone ran their thumb across unplugged electric guitar strings. All the cats were up here sleeping so I know it wasn't them. There's just a weird feeling in the house today. I was snapped awake by a strong scent of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. It's not the first time I've smelled them. I don't know what it's from though. Whatever it is it has to be good, right? I mean, how can chocolate chip cookies be bad??? LOL!

I like the new changes of Blogger. Well, so far anyway. I just came back after being gone from here for a while so we'll see how it goes. But so far I'm liking it :-) 

I was just in the kitchen getting some lunch and I happened to look at the calendar. My poor hubby has to work 9 days in a row. He's on a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift that alternates days & nights. The last 3 days of this stretch is on nights. That's going to be hard on him to switch over without the 4 day break in between. I'll have to be sure to treat him extra sweet during this time, he will deserve and need it. <3

I have to take Brigi to a rabies clinic today to update her shot. I haven't told her where we're going or what for. She's smart and will know what that means :-) She's been sleeping all day. She's not a morning dog at all. I'm going to have to take her back to our regular vet soon, she has more tumors growing :-( I want to get them off as soon as possible.

It's such a cloudy, dreary day out there today. Looks like it could start raining anytime. I hope the rain hold off until Brigi & I are back home later.

Have a great day everyone!! I'll try to get back into a blogging mode and update more often. :-)
















Photobucket
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HauntSpace

HauntSpace
My little space to haunt on the web

Halloweenalley1031