Daisypath tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

She's home!!!

Brigit is home!!! She's been at the vet for a couple days. We took her in to get a couple tumors removed, she ended up having four surgeries and staying an extra day for observation. I missed her soooooo much!!!! She's so happy to be home! She's been sleeping next to me on the couch since we got home. 

I have a few pics of her that I will post at the end of the blog. They are kinda nasty so if seeing pics of after surgery bothers you, don't scroll down!! 

My poor girl! The tumor on her neck wasn't as big as the one on her face so it doesn't look so bad. The one on her face ended up being bigger than what was showing so the vet had to take alot off. She looks like Frankensteins Monster 
:-( 

We took her in to have those removed, but if the vet had time she was going to spade her also. Well, she found out Brigit had a massive hernia and had to repair that before she could spay her. She did the hernia surgery then spayed her. Two tumors removed, hernia fixed and spayed all in the same day. My poor little girl. 

She is doing good and was very happy to see Zak & me when we went to pick her up tonight. 

It's taken me a couple hours to get this far with the blog. Writing in between taking care of Brigit and some other things. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do this tomorrow. I have to work because the other girl already has the day off to go to garage sales. Luckily Zak is home so he can keep an eye on Brigit, but I think she's going to have to stay in her kennel box. I really didn't want to do that, but she's on restrictions and has already got away from me and tried to jump on the chair. She can't do any jumping on or off the couch, bed, chairs...etc. and she can't climb any stairs. I don't know what to do tonight. Do I let her sleep with me and risk her jumping off the bed in the night to get a drink or do I just put her in her kennel with food & water over night. I'm leaning towards kennel. As much as I know how she hates the kennel, it's better than risking her ripping something open. I better get things situated here soon, it's getting late and I have to get to bed. 

Here are a few pics of my pretty girl. It's hard to see her like this, but it had to be done. Now all we can do is help her heal and let her know how much we love her. 

Brigit is home!!!  on Twitpic

The spot on the neck that had a tumor removed. on Twitpic


The spot on the face where a tumor was removed on Twitpic








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

HauntSpace

HauntSpace
My little space to haunt on the web

Halloweenalley1031