Daisypath tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Glowing shrooms...

....a.k.a. Foxfire...

Photobucket


I think these are so amazing. Next summer I plan on doing some night hikes to see if I can find some around here. They're found all over the world and have been around since ancient times. They were used as a light source before electricity and used to dig tunnels. Because of advice from Ben Franklin they were also used in the first submarine used in battle. Interesting stuff!!

Photobucket


There are people who think they are the product of radioactivity, but since they've been documented in ancient texts it has to be a natural reaction of the fungi itself. I wonder if luminescent fungi could be an explanation of the "Faerie World"? It must have been something for someone without any kind of education or knowledge of the world to come across glowing mushrooms in the middle of a dark forest. Could you just imagine what was going through the mind of the ancient people who found it?

Photobucket


I sure hope I can find some!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

HauntSpace

HauntSpace
My little space to haunt on the web

Halloweenalley1031